- Global Health Professionals Ltd are a London based training facility offering healthcare mandatory training for midwives and health and social care courses.
- The Mandatory Training for Midwives is Accredited by Royal College of Midwives (RCM) and designed to provide learners with the underpinning concepts to explore the mandatory training updates and skills needed for midwives to develop participant’s knowledge and skills in the healthcare setting and in their respective work-related areas.
- The qualification is ideal for new starters and experienced staff requiring a refresher course and is designed for the health and social care sectors including private and government hospitals – antenatal, labour and postnatal wards and neonatal units, community sector – women’s homes, local clinics, children’s centres and GP surgeries.
- The qualification has been designed to incorporate the environmental, professional, and legal aspects that impact on the midwives role, demonstrate appropriate risk assessment, antenatal screening including foetal/neonatal health assessment, Meows Chart; the concepts and theories of the complications of pregnancy, obstetric emergencies and the assessment and management of women in crisis, neonatal/maternal collapse, maternal and neonatal resuscitation; and safe practice, appropriate referral using correct equipment and proper documentation and recording process.
- To develop a critical understanding of the evidence base for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of practice and development of holistic care that meet the requirements of the professional regulatory bodies.
- Provide critical awareness of the environmental, professional, and legal aspects that impact on the midwives role.
- Demonstrate an ability to make clinical and informed judgements applying this to risk assessment.
- A systematic understanding of current knowledge and/or new insights, pertinent to antenatal screening including foetal/neonatal health assessment.
- Conceptual understanding and recognition of severe illness during pregnancy (for example, pre-eclampsia/eclampsia), evaluating methodologies and where appropriate develop critiques of them to propose improved standards of care
- Provide a continued commitment to advance knowledge and understanding of the assessment tool (Meows Chart) to outline negative influences on pregnancy.
- Recognition of obstetric emergencies (vaginal breech, cord prolapse, antepartum/postpartum haemorrhage, shoulder dystocia) providing knowledge and understanding of the assessment and management of women in acute crisis.
- Undertake a competent examination to implement safe practice and appropriate referral utilising equipment and documentation to evaluate and record the process of the obstetric emergency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of neonatal/maternal collapse and implement sound principles in maternal and neonatal resuscitation
- Aims and Learning Outcomes
- Legal and Professional Accountability
- Risk Assessment including VTE
- Maternal, Antenatal Screening Tests
- Continuous Electronic Fetal Monitoring
- Pre – Eclampsia / Eclampsia
- Vaginal Breech Management Term and Preterm
- Cord Prolapse
- Antepartum and Postpartum Haemorrhage
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Assessment and Management of all types of Perineal Trauma
- Maternity Early Obstetric Warning Score (MEOWS)
- Early recognition of severely ill pregnant women
- Full Physical Examination of The Newborn
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- OSCE Assessment
- Knowledge and Practical Skills Assessments
- 1- Shoulder Dystocia
- 2-Breech Management
- 3-Cord Prolapse
- 4- Antepartum and Postpartum Haemorrhage
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.
Mandatory Training for Midwives – Royal College of Midwives (RCM) | Awarded Skills for Health Quality Mark