Data Privacy Notice
Protecting your personal details on our website.
Last updated: 25 May 2018
1. Your personal data – What is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone, by combining it with other information in the data controller’s possession, or information which might come into his/her possession. The processing of all personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Global Health Professionals Ltd. (GHPL) as the data controller, will ensure compliance and implementation of GDPR, provide oversight of all personal data collection processes and procedures, and decides how all personal data is processed and for what is its intended purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
GHPL complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect your personal data.
GHPL uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- To maintain membership records (e.g., locational data, phone numbers, email and home addresses);
- To support each candidates in their professional growth and development;
- To identify how a candidate can other clinical workshops based from their professional background
- To maintain financial accountability of all candidates
- To inform candidates of upcoming events, activities and services running at GHPL.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of personal data obtained from GHPL Visitors;
- Legitimate processing of information relating to GHPL Membership, but not disclosed to any third party without prior consent; and
- Legal requirement of processing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) activities.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared without your consent. GHPL will only share your personal data with third parties with prior consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
GHPL will keep your data in accordance with the company requirements:
- All data collected from the GHPL Health Declaration Forms, Invoices, Emails and Certificates will be kept in the GHPL Database located in the GHPL’s Main Office;
- If candidates completed their courses personal data file will be marked “inactive” in the database if it contains financial contributions which must be kept for legal accountability; otherwise, the candidates’ record will be permanently deleted;
- When a candidate makes changes to their personal data using the “Change of Information” Form, the respective changes will be made in the GHPL Database and the original form will be maintained as evidence;
- When a staff member leaves their post from GHPL, all personal information held in the GHPL Administrative Office will be shredded;
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) records will be kept up to a maximum of six months’ after a recruitment or decision has been made to allow for the consideration and resolution of any disputes or complaints.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which GHPL holds about you;
- The right to request that GHPL corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for GHPL to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent (e.g., Visitors) to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If GHPL needs to use your personal data for any other purpose, which is not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then GHPL will provide you with a new notice explaining this requirement before commencing any processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
The GHPL Data Controller can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44-(0)20 3283 4579.
Any employee who desires to exercise the right to see what personal data GHPL holds about them can request verbally to the Data Controller, or complete the “Data Request Form” on [Webportal].
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact GHPL Data Controller.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.