Introduction to the Qualification
- The TQUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) is regulated by Ofqual. This qualification was originally supported by Proskills at the time of development.
- The TQUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace is designed to raise awareness of health and safety and is applicable to anyone; particularly in preparation for entering a work environment. It is essential that everyone is aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public who might be affected by their actions. The qualification covers the importance of health and safety in the workplace, hazards and risks, workplace conditions that can affect health and safety and the requirements for workplace procedures. The objectives of the qualification include meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
- There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- TQUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- TQUK Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- Level 3/4 Occupational Health and Safety qualifications
TQUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) (601/3021/O)
Visit our Facebook Page for more information and training schedules.