Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 3 – RCN (6250) Accredited
- This course is aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (UKCSTF) , aimed to provide the learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills to enable learners to effectively safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of children and young people, establish and maintain a safe environment and deal with circumstances where there are safeguarding concerns.
- All health care professionals should achieve a training and attain competences which is a combination of skills, knowledge, attitudes and values that are required for safe and effective practice related to their specific role. The course is appropriate to all staff working with children and young people.
- The aim of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Children Level 3 course is to provide the learners with the underpinning knowledge to safeguard children and young people in the workplace. By the end of the course, the candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of safeguarding vulnerable children and young people in England and Wales; Understand the different types of abuse and how to recognise them; Understand the key principles of legislation which protects children and young people in England and Wales; Understand the process for reporting suspected child abuse.
- Legislation and Professional Consideration
- Professional Code of Conduct
- Principles of Nursing Practice
- The Children Act Legislations
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- The Role of Safeguarding Children and Young Adult
- Number of Children on Child Protection Register
- The Age of Child for Safeguarding Purpose
- Inter-agency Assessment and Information Sharing
- Assessment Framework Triangle
- Statistics of Child Abuse in UK
- The Categories of Abuse
- Radicalisation and Extremism
- Child Trafficking
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Paediatric Forensic Examination in Relation to Sexual Abuse
- The Internet, Mobile Technology and Social Networking
- Family Risk Factors – Domestic Violence
- Risk and Harm Assessment
- Assessment Framework Triangle
- Safeguarding Key principles
- Child in Need/Child Protection and Families
- Core Conditions for Effective Working Together
- Barriers to effective working together
- The Disclosure and Barring Scheme
- The Serious Care Review (SCR)
- The Role of Social Services and LSCB
- The Key Principle of Information Sharing
- The Process followed after Report of Suspected Child
- Responding and Making Referrals
- Recordkeeping and Documentation
- Multi-agency Working
- Monitoring, Audits, Review and Inspection
- Case Scenario Exercises
- Knowledge Competency Assessment (3 Hours Participatory)
Fee: £120 mandatory training
Target Audience: Health Care Professionals (Paediatric Consultants and Intensivists/Children’s Nurses/GPs/Mental Health Nurses/School Nurses/Forensic Nurses and Doctors/Midwives/Health Visitors) who work with children and young adults.
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.
Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 3 has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until 20 October 2017 Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product.