AoFAQ Level 2 Award in Practices and Principles of Manual Handling
- The AoFAQ Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Manual Handling is a qualification which is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills too safely move objects in the workplace.
- The course builds on the best practice guidance from the Health and Safety Executive and provides learners with the opportunity to practice safe moving principles.
- The Health and Safety and Work Act etc 1974 and the Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require each employer to provide adequate supervision and training and as well as undertake manual handling risk assessments. This qualification will support employers to demonstrate their commitment to the legal obligations and whilst it does not qualify learners to undertake manual handling risk assessments independently, it will provide them with the knowledge to assist the employer in completing the risk assessment.
- The qualification is ideal for new starters, existing staff and for a refresher.
- The qualification is valid for three years.
- The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills in the safe principles of manual handling in the workplace.
- Aims and Learning outcomes
- Legal Framework
- The reasons for safe manual handling
- Definition of Manual Handling
- Facts about manual handling
- Typical manual handling hazards
- Common manual handling injuries
- Types of Potential injuries and ill health associated
- Incorrect manual handling practices
- ”The Spine”
- Role of the spine
- Employers duties Principles of Manual Handling
- The Health and Safety at Work Act Etc 1974 (HASAWA)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Employees Duties
- Consequences for Non-Compliance
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Hazard and Risk
- Risk Assessment Process
- Recording Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- The Principles of Risk Control in manual Handling
- Safe movement principles
- Types of Equipment for Manual Handling
- Testing, Servicing and Examination of Lifting Equipment
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1998)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (1998)
- Practice of Safe Manual Handling Principles
- Knowledge Assessment
Duration: 6.5 Hours
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.