- The AoFAQ Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF) has been accredited by the regulators of England and Wales (Ofqual and the Welsh Government) and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- The qualification is aimed at all employees’ weather new starters, currently in employment or seeking work.
- The purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge to identify workplace hazards and contribute to the positive health and safety culture within the workplace. The qualification contains subjects which are essential in maintaining a safe working environment.
- The qualification also provides a demonstration of the employer’s commitment to fulfil their legal obligation to provide training to its employees.
- The qualification is suitable for ages 14+ and there are no pre requisites to attend the course.
- The aim of the course is to provide learners with an introduction to health and safety in the workplace and equip them with the knowledge to promote a positive approach to the health and safety culture.
Course Details: Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Aims and Learning Outcomes
- Legislation enforces Health and Safety in the UK
- Roles and responsibilities for Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Statistics of Injury in the UK Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Deaths and Injury Facts and Figures
- The Benefits of Good Health and Safety at Workplace
- Employers Responsibilities
- Employers Statutory and Absolute Duty
- Reasonably Practicable
- Employers and Employee Duties
- Employers Duties for Welfare at Work
- Enforcement of Health and Safety
- Penalties for breaching Health and Safety Legislation
- Risk Assessment Process
- Hazards and Risks Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Common Workplace Hazards
- Hazards can cause harm or damage
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Accidents and Incidents in the Workplace
- Common causes of Workplace Accident and Ill health
- Birds Accident Triangle
- Training and Competence in Workplace
- Action to take following Accident and Incident
- RIDDOR Regulation
- First Aid Requirement in Workplace
- Levels of First Aid Training
- Knowledge Assessment
Duration: 6 Hours
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.