- The AOFAQ Level 1 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety in the Workplace is a course designed to provide the underpinning knowledge for learners to operate safely in the workplace with regards to fire safety.
- The course is aimed at all staff in particular new starters, refresher training, learners seeking employment etc.
- The course provides employers with a programme which assists them in proving due diligence and demonstrates their legal commitment to staff training as required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Learning Objective: First Aid At Work
- The aim of the course is to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge in fire safety and the role and responsibilities of the fire marshal. By the end of the course, the learners will be able to Understand basic fire safety and what to do In the event of an emergency; Understand the principles of fire risk control; Understand the basics of practical fire safety; Understand the principles of fire safety legislation under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005; Develop knowledge and understanding of how fire spreads and the behaviour of humans in the event of fire; and Develop knowledge and understanding of the role of the fire marshal
- Aims and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Fire Safety in the Workplace
- Facts about Fire Principles of Fire Safety
- Cost to Businesses and Individuals
- Causes of Fires in a Workplace
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer in the event of Fire
- Duties and Responsibilities of Fire Marshall in the event of Fire
- Action to be taken in the event of Fire
- Methods Available to raise the alarm
- The Emergency Services
- Effective Fire Risk Assessment and Management
- Electrical Equipment and Wiring
- Housekeeping, Portable Heaters and Smooking
- Arson Principles of Fire Safety
- The Fire Triangle
- Active and Passive Fire Control Measures
- Escape Route in the Event of Fire
- Attempting to Fight a Fire
- The Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Advantages of Water Mist Extinguisher
- Extinguisher Servicing
- Knowledge Assessment
Duration: 3 Hours
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.