- This qualification provides the knowledge to deal with conflict in the workplace and manage one’s own personal safety. Employers have a legal obligation under health and safety legislation to provide a safe place of work and have a duty of care over their employees. An employer must provide adequate training to employees to deal with any potential risks such as dealing with conflict and personal safety. This qualification enables employers to demonstrate this commitment and also meet their legal obligations in relation to adequate training. The qualification is designed for a variety of sectors and roles which require employees and volunteers to manage potential conflict and their own personal safety as part of their role e.g. dealing with members of the public and fellow colleagues. This is a regulated qualification by Ofqual and the Welsh Government and is also supported by the Sector Skills Council, Pro Skills.
- The aim of the qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge required to manage conflict in the workplace as part of their role and be able to manage their own personal safety.
- Understand the terminology used in conflict resolution.
- Understand the laws that apply to businesses and their employees.
- Understand the concepts of a safe working environment and how the risk of conflict can be assessed.
- Understand the use of appropriate methods to de-escalate a confrontational situation.
- Understand the importance of personal safety.
- Relevant legislations and national guidelines
- Benefits of personal safety policies and procedures
- Negative effects of violence in the workplace
- Categories of assault
- Principles of conflict management
- Risk Assessment
- Common threats in the workplace
- Indicators of aggressive behavior
- Verbal and non-verbal communications
- Methods to de-escalate a confrontational situation.
- Procedures to minimize the risks of conflict
- Observational, listening and communication skills
- Breakaway techniques to protect personal safety
- Reporting and recording incidents
Duration: 7 Hours
Entry Requirement: Healthcare Professionals
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.