- The AOFAQ Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation skills course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to administer basic life support and use an AED in an emergency. Early defibrillation and CPR are vital in the chain of survival following a cardiac arrest.
- This course is able to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to operate the AED safely. The training is an ideal course for first aiders wishing to upgrade their skills or learners who wish to learn to operate these lifesaving devices.
- The aim of the course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to administer CPR and use an AED safely and in accordance with current protocols.
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator.
- Aims and Learning Outcomes
- The importance of AED
- The Chain of Survival
- The Primary Survey: DRSABCD
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of Defibrillator
- Secondary Survey
- Action Plan Responsive Casualty
- Action Plan Non Responsive Casualty
- Recovery Position
- ”The Heart”
- Heart Attack/ Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- A.E.D in Children
- Maintenance & Accessories
- Knowledge Assessment
Duration: 6 Hours
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.