This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until 20th October 2018
Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product
Perioperative Care Workshops
- Surgery is an anxiety provoking event to all patients that will undergo a surgical procedure. Effective information and psychological preparation will help to minimise anxiety, promote recovery and improve patient and family experience.
- The role of Nurses and Medical Practitioner is vital for patient safety. A comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach will help improve quality care for patient prior and after the surgical procedure.
- Identify the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative phase of assessment, monitoring and management of patient undergoing surgical procedure.
- Gain insight in high standard care and support during each phase of Perioperative Care
- Develop your ability to link theories with practice through knowledge and practical skills assessment.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills to safely care and manage patients on Perioperative Care phase.
- Demonstrate OSCE scenarios in prevention and resolution of Post surgical complications.
- Legislations and National Guidelines
- Professional Code of Conduct
- Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Principles of Consent for Examination and Treatment
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Pre Admission Assessment and Monitoring
- Elective and Emergency Surgery
- Stages of Surgery
- Pre-operative Theatre Checklist
- Pre-Operative Laboratory Test
- VTE Prophylaxis
- Anaesthetic Review
- Anticipated Patient Outcome
- Enhanced Recovery Program
- Preparation of Patient for Theatre
- Intra-Operative Care Assessment
- Surgical Safety Checklist
- Caring for Patient in Anaesthetic Room
- Types of Anaesthesia
- Types of Surgical Incision
- Types of Surgical Drains
- Nursing Care and Management
- Materials for Wound Closure
- Safe Management of Patient in Post-Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
- Post-Operative Observation
- Criteria for Discharge of Patient from PACU
- Common Complications Post Surgery
- Daily Assessment -NEWS. ABCDE
- Wound Drain Removal- Closed Drainage System
- Prevention and Management of Surgical Site Infection
- Preparation for Discharge
- Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Knowledge Assessment
- OSCE Assessment
This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until 14 August 2015 Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product
This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until 12 February 2019 Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product