Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) Aligned
- Mandatory and Statutory Training for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals – Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) Aligned is deemed to be essential for safe and efficient functioning of health care organisations, patient safety and for the safety of each member of staff. The requirement for annual Mandatory and Statutory Training become increasingly demand to ensure that Healthcare Professionals have their knowledge up to date and skills required to deliver evidence based care for the patient’s safety and quality of care.
- GHPL Mandatory and Statutory Training Updates Courses aligned with the UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), developed by Skills for Health. The UK Core Skills Training Framework sets out a framework for use by healthcare organisations to standardise the focus and the key delivery of the training skills.
- GHPL provide a traditional classroom training with practical involvement and assessment. GHPL strives to deliver the evidence based information to meet the training quality standards, improve workforce performance ; help reduce injuries, negligence and malpractice and to provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
- Identify relevant legislations, UK and Scotland national policies and guidelines, professionals accountability and code of practice for health and social care workers.
Identify Health and Safety at work, identifying workplace hazards, reporting incidents and near misses.
- Identify fire-related equipment and signs and knowing how to act in the event of fire in the workplace. Demonstrate fire evacuation using a manikin and proper use of fire extinguisher.
- Understand the fundamentals of Information Governance, data protection, confidentiality and Caldicott principles
- Describe the importance of person centred care when providing health care services in relation to Equality and Diversity. Understand how to take appropriate action and who to speak to in case of abuse. Describe the principles of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.Demonstrate awareness of what to do in case of child abuse. Recognise the importance of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children.
- Define Healthcare Associated Infections and demonstrate an understanding of why this is important including roles and responsibilities. Describe the importance of safe management and identification of alert conditions such as diarrhoea and vomiting, including specific organisms such as MRSA and C. diff. Demonstrate hand washing technique and use of PPE.
- Identify the key steps in providing patients with best quality care using appropriate, safe and digniﬁed manual handling procedures. Demonstrate correct posture for safe moving and handling practices with the use of equipment e.g. hoisting equipment, sliding sheets, belts
- Demonstrate an effective Basic Life Support in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines which may include management of effective airway management , CPR, choking, and the lateral/recovery position. Demonstrate a safe operation of Automated External Deﬁbrillator (AED), in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
- Professional Code of Conduct
- Consent in Care and Treatment
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare (Risk Assessment, RIDDOR, COSHH, Display Screen Equipment and Fall Prevention)
- CSTF Information Governance (Caldicott and Principles, Confidentiality, Counter Fraud and Bribery, Data Protection and Record Management)
- CSTF NHS Conflict Resolution (Communication, Violence/Aggression, Lone Worker, Complaints Handling)
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Level 1 and 2 (Mental Health Act, MCA and DoLS)
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Level 1 and 2
- CSTF Preventing of Radicalisation
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control 1 and 2
- Food Hygiene L2
- CSTF Fire Safety (Theory and Practical)
- CSTF Moving and Handling (Theory and Practical Patient Handling)
- CSTF Adult and Paediatric (BLS) Level 1 and 2 with AED (Theory and Practical)
- Knowledge and Practical Skills Assessment
- The above topics are followed by a theoretical assessment with a pass mark of 80% designed to test candidates’ understanding of the course.
- Candidates needs to demonstrate practical safe and assessed manual/patient handling procedures and Basic Life support practical using a training manikin.
- Where candidates does not meet the required level of assessment they should complete the refresher training along with theoretical and practical assessments required, free of charge.
Target Audience: Nurses, HCA and other Healthcare Professionals
Maximum Candidates: 10 Candidates per session
Duration: 0930-1730 Mandatory Training for Nurses
Schedule of Training: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.
Mandatory and Statutory Training for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals – Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) Aligned
Mandary Training for Nurses – Skills for Health Aligned