- This course is designed for learners who are new to the workplace; require refresher training or those seeking new work opportunities.
- The course provides an introduction to health and safety in the workplace and leads to progression onto other courses should the learner/employer require.
- The course is 3 hours in duration and offers an excellent insight to the role of health and safety in the workplace. The course compliments employers policies and procedures and the course can be tailored by the trainer to meet any specific needs of employers.
- Aims and Learning Outcomes
- Legislation that enforces health and safety standards
- Definition of health, safety and welfare at work
- Statistics about health and safety facts in the UK
- The benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
- The consequences of poor health and safety in the workplace
- The responsibilities of employers in managing health, safety and welfare of employees
- The duties of employees in relation to health and safety in the workplace
- Penalties and enforcement of breaches of health and safety legislation.
- Definition of Accident
- The causes of accidents
- The importance of accident prevention (using Birds accident triangle) legislation.
- The importance of accident prevention
- Definition of “hazard” and a “risk”
- Example of hazards and risks
- The benefits of good housekeeping in the workplace
- The health, safety and welfare provisions required in the workplace by legislation
- The reporting requirements of workplace accidents under the Reporting of Injury’s Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).
- The first aid requirements in the workplace
- The purpose of Personal Protective Equipment in the workplace
- The different types of Personal Protective Equipment available
Duration: 3 Hours
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.
[wp_cart:Health and Safety Level 1:price:60.00:end]