- This exciting course is designed to provide the essential underpinning knowledge and skills to work in the food industry safely and hygienically.
- The course contents follows best practice and is designed to reinforce the importance of good food safety practices in the workplace.
- The course will suit a diverse range of learners including adults, schools, community groups, businesses etc who work in the catering industry.
- The course will provide learners with the knowledge to serve as well as prepare food safely, hygienically and in accordance with best practice.
Course Aim: First Aid At Work
- The aim of the course is to provide learners with the knowledge to operate safely in the food catering environment.
- Introduction and Importance to Food Safety
- Laboratory Confirmed Cases of Food Borne Illness Acquired in the UK
- The Benefits of Food Safety Standards
- The Consequences of Poor Food Safety Standards
- The Business that led to E.Coli Outbreak
- Food Poisoning
- Signs and Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- Causes of Food Poisoning
- Vulnerable group at Risk of Food Poisoning
- How to Report Food Safety Hazards
- The Legal Responsibilities of Food Safety Operative
- Employers Legal Responsibilities
- Environmental Health Practitioners (EHP)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Food Safety and Hazard
- Bacteriology (Bacteria and Spores)
- Introduction and Importance to Personal Hygiene
- Personal Hygiene Practices
- Facilities Required for Good Hand Washing
- Importance of Wearing Protective Clothing
- Reporting an Illness to Supervisor or Manager
- Introduction to Cleaning and Hygiene
- Definitions of Cleaning, Disinfectant, Detergent, Sanitizer
- Principles of Using Chemicals to Clean
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Methods
- Proper Waste Disposal
- Reducing Contamination Risks
- Importance and Roles of Food Handlers in Preventing Pest
- Types of Food Contamination
- Food Preservation Methods
- Signs of Food Spoilage
- Safe Food Handling Practices
- Storing Food (Dry Goods)
- Chilling and Reheating Food
- Hot Holding/ Serving Food
- Transporting Food
- Temperature Controls
- Causes of Food Hazards due to Temperature
- Food Date Marking
- Knowledge Assessment in Food Safety
Lunch will not be provided only Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and during breaks.
[wp_cart:Award in Food Safety Level 2:price:120.00:end]